Listening to the right playlist while programming is the key to unlocking your inner Grace Hopper or Mr. Robot. Personally, I get into my programming groove with bright, mid- to up-tempo music played at a volume that keeps me energized without interrupting my thinking.
I often pick an artist who strikes my mood and play a radio station on Pandora or Spotify based on that, but I really enjoyed putting this list together and plan to spin it on repeat for a while. Please let me know on Twitter (@benjakuben) if you enjoy any of the songs, and I’d love to hear what you are listening to!
- Ain’t No Man – The Avett Brothers
- The Faster the Treadmill – I Fight Dragons
- Older and Taller – Regina Spektor
- My Mathematical Mind – Spoon
- Who Knows Who Cares – Local Natives
- Getting Old – Hellogoodbye
- Old Bike – Rob Cantor
- Spanish Teeth – Robbers on High Street
- Mr. Pitiful – Matt Costa
- Diane – Guster
- Cats and Dogs – The Head and the Heart
- Put It Together – Langhorne Slim & The Law
- The Sun’s Gone Wibbly (Doctor Who) – Murray Gold
- O Valencia! – The Decemberists
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
If you have specific songs you’d like to see on future playlists, let us know onTwitter using the hashtag #TreehouseStereo!
Front End Web Design
User Experience (UX) Design
iOS Development with Swift
Python Web Development
Each is designed by our faculty of tech professionals to guide even a coding beginner to becoming a job-ready software developer armed with a professional portfolio of real-world projects. Try one out today with our free seven-day trial, and see if software development is for you.