Wow, Day One is over and it was really exciting (and pretty hectic). Here are some interesting points:
* Mike has only come up with one logo idea, as we don’t have time to discuss several different ideas
* Keir and Elliott are using a Python class in Django that makes working with the Twitter API much easier
* We’re having to deal for the unreliability of the Twitter API by creating Cron Jobs that do some of the heavy lifting later. This way the app won’t hang on the user while it waits for Twitter to respond.
* We’re attempting to get some blog coverage by offering embargoed content which can be released right at launch.
* Mike is creating flat HTML pages and then Keir and Elliott are going to integrate them in Python templates
* We’re going to put a video on the home page to help explain what Matt does
So, on to some more videos we shot today.
In this first video, I have a conversation about the technical happenings on the Matt build (after we blab about some meaningless stuff – be patient my young grasshopper).
In the second video, the Carsonified Team gather on the bean bags to recap where we finished after Day One.