I’ve noticed that when I get stressed at work, it’s often because my email inbox is out of control. I’ve got hundreds of unread emails, with no idea which ones are important. I finally decided I needed to learn how to be much more effective with email, so I came up with a few strategies.
- Check your email twice a day, but never right when you get into the office
- Mark important emails with a star or label
- Mark other emails that require a response (but are not urgent) as ‘Later’.
- Archive them all to clear your inbox
- Finally, master keyboard shortcuts to make answering and writing email much faster
In the video below, I walk you through the whole process. Hope you enjoy it. If you have any tips you’d like to share, please do so below!
Photo credit: flickr.com/photos/christopherdale