If you’re building or running a startup with recurring revenue, you’ve got to buy Numbers for Startups. The price jumps to $19.99 on Friday, so grab your copy now.
It’s a super powerful (but easy to use) Excel model that helps you …
- Test the financial viability of your idea
- Track the Seven Key Metrics
- Know how much capital you need to raise to hit break-even
- Track the effectiveness of different marketing channels and their affect on your net profit
- Run Red Line / Green Line analysis
- Understand your Yield on Cost
- Approach investors with confidence
The idea came about when I was having coffee with my friend and Brother-in-Law (Ryan Cumley) this weekend. He’s a tremendously talented financial analyst with insane Excel and logic skills. I mentioned that if he could build a really powerful and flexible Excel model for SaaS startups, I thought it’d be a hugely helpful (and popular). 48 hours later, he launched it.
Just to be clear: I don’t have any financial interest in this. The tool is 100% owned by Ryan. I just think it’s a great idea that will really help startup founders be more successful.
You’re probably wondering why he released this as a downloable Excel file instead of coding it as a web app. The reason is that Ryan has mad Excel skills and in the spirit of MVP, he knew he could get a great product shipped in 48 hours if he used his advanced Excel skills (instead of trying to hack it together in Ruby or PHP).
He’s hoping to add versions for Numbers (Mac) and Google Docs very soon.