LearnEmber.js: A More Lightweight SproutCore

Ember.js is a new JavaScript framework that was formerly SproutCore 2.0. When I tried out SproutCore for the first time a few years ago, I was impressed with it’s data binding and templates, but I found it included a lot of things I didn’t need or want, like a large UI framework and it’s own recommended toolchain and workflow. I wished I could just use the few core parts of SproutCore easily and leave out the rest. Ember.js is that wish coming true. Its main focuses are: data binding, computed properties, and auto-updating templates.

Check out the Ember.js on Github and read the announcement here.

Ember.js had the code name Amber while in development. It was announced under the name Amber.js, but renamed to Ember.js after there was some confusion with another project

19 Responses to “Ember.js: A More Lightweight SproutCore”

  1. essay writing service on January 7, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

    Very interesting. 

  2. essay writing service on January 7, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

    Very interesting. 

  3. jQuery Rocks on December 28, 2011 at 11:26 pm said:

    When I looked at SproutCore for my Linux dev laptop somewhat recently (but still version 1.x), I was interested, but definitely intimidated a bit.  I ended up casting it aside, as I didn’t want to invest the time to learn such a complicated new toolkit.
    This Ember.js looks much more manageable, comprehensible, and significantly less bloated at 35k min/gzip (I do sometimes use fairly large JS libraries, but compact is always nice).
    Definitely more appealing as the slimmer Ember.js.
    Thanks for the post.

  4. Pure Collagen on December 24, 2011 at 4:30 am said:

    It’s the end of summer so I don’t think I should plant it outside until next spring or else the frost could kill it. Should I put it in a pot under a grow lamp until it gets to a certain size?

  5. Pure Collagen on December 24, 2011 at 4:30 am said:

    It’s the end of summer so I don’t think I should plant it outside until next spring or else the frost could kill it. Should I put it in a pot under a grow lamp until it gets to a certain size?

  6. NewEgg Promo Code on December 22, 2011 at 4:53 am said:

    Apple seeds will not germinate in warm temperature. Put the damp paper towels in the fridge until they sprout. It may take weeks or months for the seeds to germinate.

  7. NewEgg Promo Code on December 22, 2011 at 4:53 am said:

    Apple seeds will not germinate in warm temperature. Put the damp paper towels in the fridge until they sprout. It may take weeks or months for the seeds to germinate.

  8. 99designs reviews on December 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm said:

    Informative and innovative article, good to read and learned lots of important things.

  9. 99designs reviews on December 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm said:

    Informative and innovative article, good to read and learned lots of important things.

  10. essay writing service on December 21, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

    nice

  11. essay writing service on December 21, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

    nice

  12. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. 

  13. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. 

  14. wrinkle cream on December 18, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

    Very helpful post for programmers. Thanks

  15. wrinkle cream on December 18, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

    Very helpful post for programmers. Thanks

  16. Diego Salazar on December 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

    o_o

  17. Diego Salazar on December 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

    o_o

  18. Guitar Center Promo Code on December 15, 2011 at 5:25 am said:

    There’s a lot of supposition and frequently certainty manifested in the
    form of assertions on the answers to the questions you’ve asked.

  19. Guitar Center Promo Code on December 15, 2011 at 5:25 am said:

    There’s a lot of supposition and frequently certainty manifested in the
    form of assertions on the answers to the questions you’ve asked.

Leave a Reply

Want to learn more about Javascript?

Learn how to use JavaScript to add interactivity to websites.

Learn more